Hektor + Helena's leather is sourced from the full-grain part of the cowhide. It is not only incredibly durable but ages timelessly. It goes through a natural eco-friendly vegetable tanning method and the result is a striking blend of rich earth toned colours, providing a glowing finish.
Handcrafted in Florence, Italy by master craftsmen who have been perfecting their skills for generations, Hektor + Helena bags will develop a unique and grand patina as they age. Although your leather will have an exquisite look that is 100% authentic to you, there are ways to care for your leather that can help maintain it's beauty:
- Protect from direct sunlight, moisture and heat
- Avoid water, however if it does get wet, then dry off immediately
- Apply a leather protector annually
- Condition your leather regularly (for recommended products, please reach out to us!)
- To keep shape, fill with tissue paper
- When not using your bag, house it in its dust bag
When cleaning your leather bag:
- Use a clean (micro-fibre, preferable) cloth
- Dip it into a simple soap and water solution
- Gently clean the surface of your bag
- Please do NOT use chemical products to clean your bag!